Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Day 2

This was the second day of print making, and in a nutshell... it was great! Today my group (Delta Printer) has had great progress over the course of two days. On this day I'd say we and the others had triumphed and taken that "Great Leap Forward" to get these printers done! Another event in class today was a lot of printing with the 3-D printer we have. I had an idea of printing out a logo from one of my favorite thrash metal bands; Exodus, so I showed the outline I had made in my sketchbook to Mike and we worked from there. It turns out I couldn't use the drawing from my sketchbook but I could search up an image that we could make into a 3-D image. We continued on photoshop and after a couple of hours we finally managed to make it into a 3-D model and attempted to print it, both attempts failed. Although those attempts to fix my lif... uh I mean print my logo have failed, other people have had great ideas came to or will come to life, for example Lauren had a great idea to 3-D print a heart as a gift for her mothers birthday, and Andrew had the idea to print a Yoda/Buddha for the eastern disciplines class, so they can have a god to conduct rituals for! (Not really)









No comments:

Post a Comment